The broccoli has sprouted and I'm agonizing over how to go about watering these. I've reached out to some Florida gardeners about seed starts in Summer and hopefully will get some advice. I seriously had dumb luck last season. I just started them outdoors in little pots and they did their own thing. Humidity and heat were not a problem as they seem to be now.
Here are the broccoli that are inside

And here are my little guys that went directly into the garden plot.
About 3 days after seed - Pole beans. I've since taken the box away from these guys. Wanted to see how I would be able to manipulate it and how it would hold up to weather. They are fully up out of the soil now. Will need to update pics. I just accidentally deleted the newer ones.. oopsy.

About 5 days after seed - Lima bean

About 5 days after seed - Southern Pea

In other news. I have some plants that I picked up from the native plant sale I volunteered at and I think one of them may be having a problem. The wild petunia has what almost appears to be salt or sand accumulating on the leaves. The plant flowers almost daily and then they fall off. We've been getting some serious rain and wind lately and the stuff does not seem to wash off the leaves entirely. So I am not sure what is going on here - if there is a problem or not. Gonna have to read up on these guys.


Fungus among-us I think. Photobucket hates me, I can't get it too enlarge. Let the plant dry out more. It might need some protection from heavy rains, or it might need some fungucide.
ReplyDelete